Monday, January 11, 2016

Black Friday


By Taylor McKnight
News Editor
Black Friday is one of the biggest shopping days of the year. It is when millions of people wake up early to wait in long lines at shopping malls and super centers such as Walmart and Target to grab holiday gifts that are on “super sale”. Many stores open up early, recently even on the Thanksgiving holiday, in anticipation for the holiday shoppers in search of a good deal .

Faith Pearson, senior, said, “ I love to go Black Friday shopping, however I do not wake up super early to go because it’s the day after Thanksgiving so I just sleep and then go to the mall.” Christina M. Craig, senior,stated “I do go black Friday shopping because it’s been a tradition since I was little. My mom and I wake up really early and we get to the mall around six. We are there for most of the day. We normally do most of our Christmas shopping on that day.”
Although Black Friday shopping is really popular, some don’t take part in the early shopping festivities. “ I don’t go Black Friday shopping because I do not want to wake up early and I’m not really interested in going shopping on that specific day. I see some people on the news acting crazy over a video game system. It’s not that serious. I’ll just wait” responded senior Rachel Jannush.

No comments:

Post a Comment