Monday, January 11, 2016

The Joy Of Christmas

By: Cortesia Simpson
Image result for christmas pictures public domain
Christmas is always the holiday that brings families together. The true meaning of this family-affiliated holiday is not to receive gifts, but to give. Many people misinterpret the reason and meaning of Christmas. It is not only about giving and receiving gifts, it is also about family. Each family celebrates Christmas in a different way; some families do not celebrate Christmas at all. I recently interviewed three students at Crete-Monee High School and here’s what they told me about their opinions on Christmas.
First I interviewed Tajah Burson; she was excited for the holidays.
Me: Tajah, are you excited about Christmas? If so, what are you looking forward too?
Tajah: Yes, but not for me, for my daughter.
Me: What will you are getting her?
Tajah: I haven’t really decided yet, but most likely I’ll get her a lot of toys.
Me: Are you looking forward to receiving gifts?
Her: Not really, but sort of.
Tajah is excited to buy her daughter toys; she explained how she does not really want gifts anymore. She is extremely eager to see how her daughter reacts to her gifts.
Next, I interviewed Alexis Lynch. Alexis is expecting to buy her family gifts this year.
Me: Are you excited about Christmas?
Her: Yes, because I get to buy gifts for my family this year. I absolutely cannot wait to see the looks on their faces when they open their gifts!
Me: So, are you looking forward to receiving anything?
Her: Yes, I am!
Alexis is overjoyed that she is able to buy her family members gifts this year. She described how happy she is for them to open the gifts she got them. Alexis understands the true meaning of Christmas, also Tajah.
Khalil Marshall was the last student to be interviewed. He is also excited for Christmas, but he more eager about receiving gifts. In addition, he is going to be happy to see a selective few family members.
Me: Khalil are you happy about the upcoming holiday, Christmas.
Him: Yes, of course I am. I’m more excited about Christmas break, because we get a break from school.
Me: Is that all?
Him: Um, I’m excited about getting presents.
Me: Are you excited to see any family?
Him: Yes, I’m excited to see both of my grandmas. I can’t wait to see all my aunts also.
Christmas is all about family, the gifts are just an extra cherry on top! The holidays are slowly approaching, meaning Christmas break is slowly approaching! Make sure you buy your best friend, boyfriend, girlfriend, mom, dad, etc. a nice gift. Make those special people feel good on the inside, show them how much you care. Happy Holidays Crete-Monee!

No comments:

Post a Comment