Monday, December 7, 2015

                                    Athlete of the Month


By: Tiayla Miller

            Opinions Editor

           

 Crete-Monee High School is very well-known for their exceptional football team. With this being the seniors last year of high school football, the Warriors boast a bunch of hard hitting linebackers, led by senior Drew Harvey (6-0, 215).
            Harvey is #2 and is the middle linebacker of Crete-Monee High School, standing at 6’0 and weighing in at 215lbs. A go-getter and leader of defense, he makes the calls and the others listen. Harvey focuses on the goals he made for himself and his team, a long time ago because he is a winner. Earlier in the week I asked Harvey how it feels to be a big part of the team.
            “It’s great. I love being a part of my team. I don’t call them my teammates I consider them as brothers”.
            Harvey says he plans on going to the next level in playing football. Within the season so far Crete overall is 4-1 and in Conference 2-0. When I asked Harvey what were his stats, he had a lot to say.
            He laughs and says, “I have 48 tackles on the season but I would have more if my coach kept me in the game every time we started to blow out the opponents.”
            The Crete-Monee Warriors football team won the homecoming football home conference game against Rich South by a score of 80-6. With scores like that the remainder of the season should be a piece of cake for the team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment