Monday, December 7, 2015

Technology is getting a turn. The cell phone policy and Crete.


Technology is getting a turn.
By Sunshine Nowak-Wolff
Lead Reporter




With the new school year came new policies, one large change being the cell phone policy. Students are now allowed to use cellular devices in the cafeteria and in the halls, and in classrooms when decided by the teacher.
               
Sydney Porpora, a senior, said, “I feel the phone policy gives us more freedom, and it better prepared us to be adults.
               
The possibilities are endless on what someone can do with their cell phone. You can order things, put money in your bank account, even order pizza through a simple text message. Technology is changing, and I'm glad our policy is changing with it. I wouldn't change our phone policy; I feel that it's very effective.
               
Ethan Chivari, senior, said that things are different at Crete than they were at his old school.
               
“At my old school, we weren't allowed to have them at all, so now it's weird. I wouldn't change anything with the policy, though, other than the fact that I could use my phone as a calculator!"
               
Quintin Nowak-Wolff, freshman, says that the policy is completely different than that of the middle school, where they weren't allowed to have their cell phones out at all, at any times during the school day. He says he also wouldn't change the policy.


No comments:

Post a Comment